The Eyes of Innocence

To celebrate the silver post (25th :) ) I am trying my hand at something new. Dedicated to my dear niece!

Namaste!

Every morning, I wake up with a strange feeling in my stomach. Mumma (and sometimes papa) come and put a bottle to my lips-which contains the magic white potion. This potion makes all the bad feeling in my stomach go away and then I get up, feeling content. As soon as I get up, mumma lifts me up and check at my back for something- never understood what for? She then makes a bad face and takes me to ‘bath’. Then she lets me run about the house- frequently putting something or the other in my mouth every now and then.


I love the big black box on the wall- it shows a funny boy who beats up bad people. It also shows this uncle who sings “paani paani” and sometimes a number of uncles who run after a ball. I don’t know why so many people run after a single ball- I have three to play with they can take mine if they want!

 I love to roam about in the house-which has so many things to play with. There is this big shiny thing- and when I look into it, a girl just like me looks back. Mumma spends a lot of time in front of it, using different colours on her face. Papa also looks into it, but hardly once or twice.

                                                                                                         
Last week, everyone was very angry- mumma and papa were doing what I do when I get hurt- but their eyes were not wet somehow. I don’t like it when they do this- but I think that makes them happy. I try to stop the voice from coming to my ears- but somehow I can still hear them- even when I am sleeping. That eerie, haunting noise wakes me up only to sleep again once I see my parents there.

Problem is, I don’t understand what they want? Like me, they have food to eat, a big house, a moving box and even a big teddy. But something called ‘paisa’ somehow makes them forget all this. Mumma also says ‘don’t bring office back home’, but I have never seen this person ever. They even forget me for a while- and somehow, I get that feeling of my eyes getting heavy and water falling from them. To me, these two people are more than anything else, so why don’t they share the same feeling?

All in all, after some time they stop doing that, but I am left scared- what if they start again? Is this what all mumma & papa do?

I hope not!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Cat

That Damn Spotlight!

Small Steps, Big Impact!